It’s been about a month since the last release, so time for another update!
The primary purpose of this release is to fix various issues in the Chord and Scale Finders and to implement some much needed unit tests. Adding barres to chord diagrams was always a little finicky, but they now work as intended for both regular and mirrored Chord Finder results. Also, it turns out a lot of valid scales weren’t being found by the Scale Finder, the result of several minor bugs in the search algorithm.
The only new feature in this release the ability to cancel long-running searches in both Finders. If you start a search but decide it’s taking too long or that you meant to search for something else, you can now press the ‘Esc’ key on your keyboard to stop the search.
Here’s the full change list for 2.0.2:
- Chord/Scale Finder searches can now be canceled with the ‘Esc’ key
- Fixed bug with full barres in the Chord Finder crossing open/muted strings
- Fixed bug with partial barres in the Chord Finder not mirroring properly
- Fixed bug where reach wasn’t calculating correctly in the Scale Finder
- Fixed bug where scales past the 12th fret weren’t found in the Scale Finder
- Fixed bug where many scales were missed by the Scale Finder
- Added CoreTest unit testing project
- Added unit tests for finding where to barre in chords
- Refactored Chord/Scale Finder code for testability added some unit tests
Update to the latest version of Chordious today, and keep the feedback coming!